Hartford Promise Community: We are thinking about you and hope you all are safe and careful in these unprecedented times. Know that we are still working and available. We are not in the office but will get any emails and voicemails that you send so please continue to reach out to us as you always have.
Hartford Promise Scholars: We are here for you, as a resource or if you just need someone to talk to. We know that many of you are back home from college which has caused disruption to your daily routine and concern about all of the changes happening right now, including how you will stay on top of your school work. Our Scholar portal, https://connect.gradsnapp.com/hartfordpromise/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2Fhartfordpromise, is your place to get answers to your questions, find resources and communicate with us. If your questions are not answered, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
New High School Promise Scholars: Congratulations on earning the Promise Scholarship and all of the support that comes with it! Please be sure to respond to any emails you receive from us. If you have any questions, please email or call us. We are not in the office but check messages every day.
For Grab and Go Lunch locations and other Hartford Public School resources, visit https://www.hartfordschools.org/understanding-coronavirus/
Please take care of yourselves and your families and let us know if there is any way we can be helpful.
Sincerely, The Hartford Promise Team
- Attend a Hartford Public High School continuously since 9th grade
- Be a Hartford resident throughout high school
- Have a 93 % or better cumulative attendance record during high school
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better on a 4.0 scale in high school
Accomplish these four goals and
you become a Promise Scholar!
How to Succeed
- Stay above track – reach for a 3.0+ GPA and strive to always be present and engaged in school every day
- Make yourself KNOWN – get involved, become a school leader who is respected and known by teachers and staff members that can support your college dream
- Envision your future! Pursue your vision!
- Reach higher in everything you do and always GIVE. ALL. YOU. CAN.
When Will Hartford Promise Recognize “On-Track” Scholars?
Hartford Public Schools will identify “on-track” Promise Scholars based on attendance, residency, and academic record by the end of first semester of senior year. “On-track” Promise Scholars must maintain all four qualifications through graduation and:
- Complete and return Promise info packet
- Submit Proof of Hartford Residency
- Complete the FAFSA on time
- Apply for at least 2 additional scholarships
- Submit any changes to your contact information as they occur. This includes home and school addresses, phone numbers, and emails
- Official Promise Scholars will be announced in June
What Are the On-Going Responsibilities of Promise Scholars Once in College?
- Begin using the scholarship within one academic year of high school graduation (ex: if you graduate in June 2020, you must begin using Hartford Promise funds by September 2021)
- Provide proof of enrollment in a not-for-profit college or university full-time for the full academic year
- Remain in good standing with their college or university as defined by those institutions
- Provide a Hartford Promise Scholarship transfer form if changing college or university
- Become a Peer Mentor to rising Promise Scholars
- Participate in annual Promise Scholar Day
Eligible High Schools
- Bulkeley, Teacher Prep & Humanities
- High School, Inc.
- Academy of Engineering & Green Technology at HPHS
- Law and Government Academy at HPHS
- Academy of Nursing & Health Sciences at HPHS
- Culinary Arts Academy at Weaver High School
- Global Communications Academy IB
- Capital Community College Magnet Academy
- Capital Preparatory Magnet
- Classical Magnet
- Great Path Academy Middle College HS
- Pathways Academy of Technology & Design
- Kinsella Magnet School of Performing Arts
- Sport & Medical Sciences Academy
- Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy
- University High School of Science & Engineering
- Journalism & Media Academy Magnet School
- Achievement First Hartford High School