- Attend a Hartford Public High School continuously since 9th grade
- Be a Hartford resident throughout high school
- Have a 93 % or better cumulative attendance record during high school
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better on a 4.0 scale in high school
Accomplish these four goals and you become a Promise Scholar!
How to Succeed
- Stay above track – reach for a 3.0+ GPA and strive to always be present and engaged in school every day
- Make yourself KNOWN – get involved, become a school leader who is respected and known by teachers and staff members that can support your college dream
- Envision your future! Pursue your vision!
- Reach higher in everything you do and always GIVE. ALL. YOU. CAN.
When Will Hartford Promise Recognize “On-Track” Scholars?
Hartford Public Schools will identify “on-track” Promise Scholars based on attendance, residency, and academic record by the end of first semester of senior year. “On-track” Promise Scholars must maintain all four qualifications through graduation and:
- Complete and return Promise info packet
- Submit Proof of Hartford Residency
- Complete the FAFSA on time
- Apply for at least 2 additional scholarships
- Submit any changes to your contact information as they occur. This includes home and school addresses, phone numbers, and emails
- Official Promise Scholars will be announced in June
What Are the On-Going Responsibilities of Promise Scholars Once in College?
- Begin using the scholarship within one academic year of high school graduation (ex: if you graduate in June 2016, you must begin using Hartford Promise funds by September 2017)
- Provide proof of enrollment in a not-for-profit college or university full-time for the full academic year
- Remain in good standing with their college or university as defined by those institutions
- Provide a Hartford Promise Scholarship transfer form if changing college or university
- Become a Peer Mentor to rising Promise Scholars
- Participate in annual Promise Scholar Day
Eligible High Schools
- Bulkeley, Teacher Prep & Humanities
- High School, Inc.
- Academy of Engineering & Green Technology at HPHS
- Law and Government Academy at HPHS
- Academy of Nursing & Health Sciences at HPHS
- Culinary Arts Academy at Weaver High School
- Global Communications Academy IB
- Capital Community College Magnet Academy
- Capital Preparatory Magnet
- Classical Magnet
- Great Path Academy Middle College HS
- Pathways Academy of Technology & Design
- Kinsella Magnet School of Performing Arts
- Sport & Medical Sciences Academy
- Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy
- University High School of Science & Engineering
- Journalism & Media Academy Magnet School
- Achievement First Hartford High School